Taking the Next Step
Growing in Christ - Step 2
Perhaps you find yourself thinking, “I’m growing as I apply what I hear on Sunday to my daily life. I’m growing in my consistency of prayer, Bible reading, and other basic spiritual disciplines outside of church. My involvement at church and in a small group is helping me understand what it means to live for Christ.”
You are taking great steps toward spiritual maturity. Consider the characteristics of people in this place of faith and determine what your next steps towards spiritual maturity are.
• I believe in the Trinity.
• I believe there is nothing I can do to earn salvation, its God’s free gift to me.
• I believe that that Holy Spirit is God’s gift to me upon my salvation and that he is active in changing my heart and mind from the person I was before I knew Jesus.
• Reading and learning the Bible is a priority in my life.
• I know my spiritual gifts.
• I believe the church is the body of Christ in this world.
• I am beginning to display some of the Fruit of the Spirit in my life.
• Read your Bible daily, pray and keep a prayer list, begin to record your reflections.
• Follow a Bible reading plan.
• Pray daily. Pray with and for others.
• Become a member of CLC.
• Begin serving in your area of giftedness, weekly if possible.
• Begin tithing your income.
• Seek out a spiritual retreat, spiritual growth experience outside of CLC.
• Write out your faith story-how you came to faith, the difference Jesus makes in your life-and share it with your small group.
• Facilitate some aspect of your small group.
• Consider joining a Core Four group.
• Choose one of the resources recommended to help you take another step.
Experiencing God, Henry Blackabee
With, Skye Jethani
Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis
Prayer, Tim Keller
How to Read the Bible for All its Worth, Gordon Fee
What’s So Amazing about Grace, Phillip Yancey
The Circle Maker, Mark Batterson
The Pursuit of God, A.W. Tozer
STUDY SERIES - From Right Now Media, Available to all CLC Members
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, Peter Scazzero
True Spirituality, Chip Ingram
Your Divine Design, Chip Ingram
Crazy Love, Francis Chan
SERVING OPPORTUNITIES Frontline Greeter
Frontline Intersection Leader
New Member Hospitality Team
Preschool Park Care Giver
UpStreet Small Group Leader
Small Group Leader for Route 101/Crossroads/The Walk (gr.5-6, 7-8, 9-12)
Kid’s Hope Prayer Partner or Mentor
Various Care Ministry initiatives
Worship/Creative Arts Teams
Meal Ministry Coordination, organize meals for shut-ins
New Members Class
Men’s/Women’s Bible Studies