Perhaps you find yourself thinking, “I accept the truths of Scripture about God, Jesus, my sinful nature, and my need for salvation. I’ve given my life to Jesus, and I’m working on what it means to get to know him. My faith is growing as I spend time with him. The Sunday service is still my main source of instruction and inspiration.”
This tends to be the largest group of people in most churches. Our salvation is secure in Christ, but we can’t stop here. We need to move forward toward spiritual maturity.
• I believe in the God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
• I believe Jesus was both God and man, and his perfect life fulfilled God’s law, allowing his death to pay for my sin.
• I believe Jesus was raised from the dead, signifying his defeat of both sin and death.
• I believe I’m saved by God’s grace through faith in Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for me, but I’m still unsure what a life of faith is all about.
• I believe the Bible is humankind’s final authority on truth, but I’m lacking in Bible knowledge.
• I need to be more active in pursuing my faith.
• Attend worship weekly
• Write out your faith story--how you came to faith, the difference Jesus is making in your life.
• Use the reading plans and questions created for the sermon series.
• Develop a consistent prayer, Bible reading, and reflection time.
• Attend a New Members class
• Become a member of CLC
• Join a small group. (Men’s, Women’s, Couples, etc.)
• Give to CLC on a regular basis.
• Discover your Spiritual Gifts
• Serve 1-2x per month in a ministry in the church
• Choose one of the resources recommended to help you take another step.
The NIV or NLT Bible, Zondervan Publications
Understanding the Bible, John Stott
The Case for Faith, Lee Strobel
The Faith, Chuck Colson
The Life You’ve Always Wanted,John Ortberg
Simply Jesus, Joe Stowell
How Good is Good Enough? Andy Stanley
The Jesus I Never Knew, Phillip Yancey
STUDY SERIES - From Right Now Media, Available to all CLC Members
Faith Lessons by Ray VanderLaan
Basic Series with Francis Chan
Discipleship Explored with Barry Cooper
Doctrine with Francis Chan
Preschool Park Caregiver
UpStreet Support Volunteer…greeting, security, check-in, small group assistant
Various Care and Missions initiatives
Worship/Arts Tech Team
New Members Class
Small Groups or Core Four
Men’s/Women’s Bible Studies
Worship/Arts Tech or Creative Teams