Taking your next step
Close to Christ - Step 2
You might find yourself thinking, “How can I demonstrate that my relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in my life? I want to know more of God’s Word and my beliefs. I want to share what I know with people who want to grow and those who don’t know Jesus. I want to make a difference of God and his kingdom.”
You are moving to a high level of maturity and stability in the faith. You have a passion for spiritual growth and are seeing the fruit of the Spirit in your life. Consider the characteristics of people in this category and determine what your next steps may be….
• I’m passionate about my relationship to Christ, it’s not what I do, it’s who I am.
• My time in the word not only increases my knowledge and love for God, but directs my decisions, my priorities, and my actions.
• Prayer is like breathing, it’s not a once a day experience, but part of an on-going conversation with God.
• I’ve helped people grow in small groups, now I want to make disciples.
• Everything I have belongs to God, I give generously, beyond a tithe.
• I am growing in demonstrating the fruit of the Spirit in my life.
• Read your Bible daily.
• Worship weekly at CLC.
• Join a prayer or discipleship group.
• Give generously beyond a “tithe”.
• Mentor a young person in their “Profession of Faith”.
• Build mentoring relationships with others growing in their faith.
• Help to organize and participate in a short term mission experience.
• Partner with a ministry outside of CLC in an area of your gifting or interest.
• Study/read theology. Teach a small group or Bible class.
• Lead or organize a ministry targeting a need in our community.
• Lead a person to Christ or actively provide material, support, and prayer to someone seeking.
• Join a ministry focused on the poor and marginalized in society.
Contagious Christianity, Mark Mittleberg
The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask, Mark Mittleberg
Crazy Love, Francis Chan
Ruthless Trust, Brennan Manning
The Power of a Whisper, Bill Hybels
Discipleship Essentials, Greg Ogden
Unchristian, David Kinnamen
When the Game is Over it All Goes Back in the Box, John Ortberg
The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren
DVD Resources from Right Now Training
Perfect Blend, Chris Conrad
Faith Path, Mark Mittleberg
Max on Life, Max Lucado
Apologetics, Matt Chandler
8 Reasons Why I’m not a Christian, Rick Garland
New Member Coach
New Member Hospitality Team
UpStreet Large Group Teacher or Small Group Leader
UpStreet Worship Leader
Route 101, Crossroads, The Walk small group leader/teacher (gr. 5-6, 7-8, 9-12)
Lead a Prayer Ministry for Middle or High School students
Men’s/Women’s Leadership Team
Begin a new Core Four group
Organize new adult small groups and Mentor new leaders
Mentor a middle/high school student to Profession of Faith
Participate in a Care Ministry or Missions effort
Short-term mission experience
Lead a CLC Operations Team
Mentor a newly married couple
Small Group Leadership
Missions Leadership Team
CLC Operational Team