You might find yourself thinking, “I’m working toward making Jesus my reason for living. I don’t get it right every time, but I’m actively putting Jesus’ teachings and actions into practice. Rather than sitting back, I’m stepping forward in word and action to situations that stretch my faith and trust, and demonstrate new priorities”
You are taking big steps and having a greater impact for the Lord and his Kingdom. Consider the characteristics of people in this category and determine what your next steps towards spiritual maturity may be…
• My time in prayer, Bible reading, and reflection on scripture are a high priority in my life.
• I’m trying other spiritual disciplines to come closer to Christ.
• I regularly record my reflections from scripture and my prayers.
• My prayer life is focused on God, his will for me, and for others I love and want to know Him.
• I seek out places to serve and pursue opportunities to use my gifts.
• I’m leading or facilitating my small group, I’m mentoring future small group leaders.
• I’m serving regularly and actively inviting people to CLC.
• I am tithing from the resources God has entrusted to me.
• Read your Bible daily.
• Worship weekly, Serve weekly.
• Meditate on or memorize scripture passages
• Pray scripture and practice other methods of prayer.
• Spend time in solitude with God.
• Lead a Small Group.
• Examine various ways to share your faith story in everyday conversation.
• Develop a spiritual friendship for growth and accountability.
• Pray for a person to share your faith story with outside of CLC
• Consider a short-term mission trip.
• Serve as a small group leader in middle school or high school ministry.
• Choose one of the identified resources to help you take another step.
Radical, David Platt
The Hole in our Holiness, Kevin DeYoung
Doctrine, Mark Driscoll and Gerry Breashears
Too Busy Not to Pray, Bill Hybels
Knowing God, J.I. Packer
If You Want to Walk on Water You Have to Get Out of the Boat, John Ortberg
The Master Plan of Evangelism, Robert Coleman
Discipleship Essentials, Greg Ogden
Study Series from Right Now Training (rightnowmedia.org)
Deny Yourself, Lisa Chan
Crazy Love, Francis Chan
Reckless Faith, Kevin Harney
The Great Exchange, Jim Liske
Frontline Intersection Volunteer
New Member Coach
UpStreet Large group teacher, Small group leader
UpStreet Worship Leader
Middle School or High School Small group leader/teacher
Men’s/Women’s small group leader
Small Group or Core Four Group Leader
Kid’s Hope Prayer Partner or Mentor
Short-term mission experience
Participation on a CLC Operations Team
Small Group Leadership