Taking your next step
Christ-Centered & Beyond
You might find yourself thinking, “While there’s a lot in me that needs growth, I can say that Jesus Christ defines my life. Everything I say and do is measured by what Jesus expects and will please him. I regularly reach out beyond my friends to those who don’t know Christ. I want to bring Jesus to the world wherever I go. My work, play, goals, and dreams are a reflection of my relationship with Jesus.”
You are among the most spiritually mature people at CLC. We praise God for your faith and your passion to live it out. We never stop growing, and you are an example to many of what it means to live for the Lord. Characteristics of others like you include:
• A passion to make Jesus number one in everything.
• My day begins and ends with Jesus in a time of focused prayer, meditation, scripture reading and reflection. I record my thoughts and prayers and share them with others.
• I have a trust in God that enables me to risk my time, talent, and treasure for Christ and his kingdom.
• I pursue a quiet, humble, yet active life with Christ, demonstrating generosity as I let go of the need for material possessions or attention.
• I look for places to make a difference in the kingdom, investing in kingdom efforts, and inviting people to opportunities that may lead them to Christ.
• I regularly practice lifestyle evangelism.
• I’m organizing small groups outside of my church and opening my home to non-Christian friends and acquaintances.
• I am mentoring one or more people to spiritual maturity.
• Read your Bible daily, journal your thoughts and prayers, memorize scripture, and meditate on scripture.
• Pray continually and seek opportunities to pray with and for others.
• Invest yourself in others’ lives through mentoring, accountability, prayer, encouragement, and sharing your faith story.
• Lead a ministry that enables you to use your passion for Christ and your spiritual gifts.
• Give your testimony in church to inspire others.
• Invest yourself in a meaningful kingdom ministry in our community, nation, or world.
• Consider a longer term mission experience.
• Pursue biblical or theological education.
The Hole in the Gospel, Richard Stearns
Radical and Radical Together, David Platt
Knowing God, J.I.Packer
Desiring God, John Piper
The Cost of Discipleship, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Through the Gates of Splendor, Elisabeth Elliot
Generous Justice, Tim Keller
Beautiful God series, James Bryan Smith
DVD Resources from Right Now Training
Apologetics, Matt Chandler
Mission 2 Monday, Chuck Proudfit
Surrender, Francis Chan
Disarming the Darkness, Pete Briscoe
Sharing Life, Pete Briscoe
New Member Coach
Mentor those exploring faith or new Christians
Serve on a Ministry Leadership Team
Lead a Core Four Group
Facilitate an adult small group focused on service
Mentor a middle/high school student to Profession of Faith
Organize a short-term mission experience
Participation on a CLC Operations Team
Participate in Worship/Arts Ministry
Lead a Community Agency or Organization
Small Group Leadership
Missions Leadership Team